I spent a big chunk of the weekend finally unlocking my blog template to add a footer section – check it out! This I hope will an interactive community corner. Here are the features:
1. MountainTalk – a real-time chat service where mountaineers can discuss and share hiking experiences. You can also talk to me whenever I’m online since automatically log in to this service. Join MountainTalk to avail of your own profile and create discussion topics. Powered by Chatroll.com, you can actually embed MountainTalk in your website! Just click on this link and you will see an HTML script which you can place in your blog or homepage!
2. Events Calendar – check out the future events in the Philippine mountaineering scene at a glance! Through the PinoyMountaineer Multiply Site, you can also easily add your own event
to the list so you can invite other mountaineers – whether you are planning an open climb or
3. Opinion poll – There are many issues about which we’d like to get your opinion – such as “which is the more difficult mountain” questions and favorite / most reliable tents or other equipment. This will help guide our approach in gathering more mountain infos. Right now it’s a tossup between Halcon and G2.
4. Email Subscription service – Get the latest posts from PinoyMountaineer directly to your email!
5. PayPal Donation button – If you wish to support the blog, you can contribute via PayPal — the proceeds will help create a more extensive mountain database, as well as newer, better features in PinoyMountaineer.
So don’t leave the new footer out — it may come last but it’s certainly the latest – and not the least – of PinoyMountaineer!