AMSTERDAM – I am on my way back to the Philippines! Just some updates:
(1) I have previously announced that I was planning to organize an Akiki-Ambangeg climb this March. Unfortunately, I am no longer pushing through with that plan, because of my responsibilities as a medical doctor (yep, i am not a full-time hiker, i actually work!).
(2) Instead, I might just organize an “Introduction to Hiking” dayhike + seminar-in-action in Maculot, which will both be an advocacy and a fundraising activity that can even be a regular thing. However I need to discuss the program for this first.
(3) We are pushing through with the PM shirts photo contest with monthly prizes! I will make the announcement soon… this is nothing big, just to add a little spice to the blog and to the shirts. I’ve been seeing a lot of really cool pics of people wearing their PM shirts and I thought it would be nice to give prizes to them, once a month, as a form of appreciation.
(4) I am still organizing the Mt. Kinabalu climb in April 12-16, as well as the Snow Mountain in Taiwan (Apr 29- May 2). Other than that, I have no other planned open climbs this year, although I would like to do a Fourth Annual Charity Climb, again for Kalusugan.PH, but this would probably happen late this year.
(5) This year, I won’t be climbing as much as I did last year, but I am very excited to do some major climbs in the Philippines, and abroad. My PH targets include doing at least two major Mindanao mountains (Hello, Mijan!), and maybe one in Palawan (attention, Jasper!). I am really jealous of the recent Dos Cuernos expedition in Cagayan that took a week; I’m not sure if I’ll have time for that, but if ever, that would be fantastic!
(6) On the other hand, my international itinerary for the next quarter include Kinabalu, two trips to Taiwan, and a late-spring Japan trip, during which I hope to climb with some of the Pinoy hikers based in the Kanto area. I am hoping for more trips mid-year onwards, but we’ll see if my schedule will allow it. Mt. Fansipan would be a nice November climb!
Okay, that’s it for now! Hopefully, the next “hiking matters” will be about a climb that I’m planning to do as soon as I get settled! To those who have followed my journeys thus far, a big thanks!