Seven challenges for Phillipine mountaineers
Adventurers love to overcome set challenges in their field, hence the allure of the ‘Seven Summits’. In the Philippines, here are some quests, arranged in increasing difficulty. So far, I have only completed the first three.
1. To scale the three major peaks of the Banahaw complex – the Banahaw Trilogy of Banahaw, Banahaw de Lucban, and Cristobal.
2. To climb the northernmost and southernmost mountains in the Philippines: Mt. Iraya in Batanes and Mt. Bongao in Tawi-Tawi.
3. To conquer the five highest mountains in the Philippines: Apo, Dulang-Dulang, Pulag, Kitanglad, Tabayoc.
4. To complete the five grand Cordillera traverses: Mt. Amuyao from Barlig to Batad; Mt. Napulauan from Hungduan to Hapao; Mt. Ugo from Kayapa to Itogon; and two Mt. Pulag climbs: a North-South Traverse, Tawangan-Ambangeg; and a West-East Traverse, Akiki-Ambaguio.
5. To conquer the four great Mindanao climbs: Mt. Apo (Kapatagan-Kidapawan); Mt. Dulang-Dulang Traverse to Mt. Kitanglad; Mt. Kalatungan Traverse and White Peak (Mt. Pandadagsaan).
6. To reach the summits of the four “Knife Edge” mountains: Mantalingajan, Mayon, Halcon, and Guiting-Guiting.
7. To climb the “Seven Summits of the Philippines”: the highest peaks in seven major islands: Pulag (Luzon); Apo (Mindanao); Alto Peak (Samar-Leyte); Madjaas (Panay); Kanlaon (Negros), Mantalingajan (Palawan), and Halcon (Mindoro)
Leave a Reply
15 Comments on "Seven challenges for Phillipine mountaineers"
sir gid dapat meron din LuzViMin Summit
nangtud ba ang highest in panay island? di ba madja-as? kasi sabi ni tatay dimas yung guide, madja-as daw ang pinakamataas sa panay island.
Mt. Sicapoo looks interesting. =)
mt.mayon stratovolcano e try nyo!
im a local mountaineer of north cotabato….
interested in mt.akir2?
call or txt 09268561406 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org